- Text Size +
Chapter 4

"Just put the gun down man, no one has to get hurt here" Tony tried to persuade him, still protecting Ziva behind him.
"Why are you making demands? You're not the one with the shotgun" he said, tossing a 9mm to the injured hostage taker before turning the shotgun back on Tony and Ziva as his friend aimed his new found weapon at Jeanne. "Now, you play the game. Who dies? Your little girlfriend here" he said, indicating to Ziva, "Or the good doctor. You decide" Tony could hear his heart pounding in his chest.
"Tony" Ziva hissed quietly in his ear. "Save her" she said reluctantly.
"What?"
"I know you love her" she said, pain in her voice. "And besides, I can take care of myself" she whispered.
"Ziva, I am not leaving you."
"Do it DiNozzo. Don't make me hurt you"
"Wait, so you are gonna hurt me for not protecting you?"
"Yes"
"That's screwed up even for you" he said raising his voice.
"Oh, please. How the hell am I screwed up?" she said, starting to yell. Surprisingly the kidnapper didn't know what was going on. He just stood there looking confused.
"First of, it is NOT a porkupig!"
"Try having English as a third language and you do better!"
"Fine then!" he yelled, and he drew his gun at the exact same time as she did. He was shocked and didn't have time to shoot before Tony and Ziva squeezed both triggers and watched the bullets erupt out his back. Unfortunately they didn't have time to shoot the injured man, before he himself got off two rounds, both coursing right though Jeanne's head. She fell backwards against the phone, leaving a blood smear against the sterile white walls. Tony just stood and stared.
"Go to her" Ziva gently whispered in his ear. He did. He sat down beside her and cradled her head in his lap, despite getting blood stains all over his best Gucci suit.

"Abby! Have you got a fix on them!" Gibbs yelled, re-entering the lab he had just left 2 minutes earlier.
"Gibbs, you have only been gone 2 minutes. Not ye…" she stopped, seeing the flashing and bleeping on her screen. "You always did have good timing my silver haired fox." She said, spinning round to the computer, Gibbs following her. "Tony is at UNI-hospital" she said.
"And Ziva?"
"Miss David is at…" she paused, bringing it up on another screen. "Wow, UNI-hospital. They are together?"
"I guess so. Thank you Abs" he said, kissing her on the cheek and running out of the lab.

"McGee" he answered his phone.
"Probie, get your ass down to the garage right now, we are heading out" Gibbs said in a hurry.
"Yes boss" McGee tried to say, but Gibbs had already hung up.

When they arrived the place was cordoned off with police tape and there were LEOs everywhere. "What the hell is going on?!" Gibbs said, stepping under the tape.
"Sir, you can't be in here" a young LEO said, placing a hand on his chest. Gibbs just stared him down till he removed it, which he did embarrassedly.
"Gibbs, NCIS" he said, flashing his credentials at him. "This is Special Agent McGee"
"Good to know sir, but what concern is of NCIS?"
I have people in there, what exactly is the situation?"
"Two hostage takers. One is deceased and the other in crit condition. The hostages are all out with only one death."
"Good job. I want to talk to the people that killed him."
"That would be your people, I think. David and DiNozzo?"
"Yeah." Gibbs said walking over to Tony, who was sitting on the steps with Ziva.

"Tony?" a pretty nurse said to him.
"What is it Carly?" he asked quietly.
Why were you carrying a gun? I mean, you are a professor, why do you have one?" she asked inquisitively.
"Professor?" Ziva said confused.
"Yeah, professor DiNardo."
"Tony, I am really confused" she said, screwing up her face trying to understand.
"You will soon" he said, placing a hand on her leg. "Carly," he said, turning to the nurse. "I am not a professor. I am a federal agent. My name is Tony DiNozzo, Jeanne was a mission"
"Excuse me?"
"Yeah, what?" Ziva said, as confused as ever.
"I was undercover with Jeanne. She was the daughter of an arms dealer we have been after"
"La Grenouille?" Ziva asked, trying to jump on his train of thought.
"Yeah. Sorry for lying Carly, but it was work. I am glad you are ok. Let's go Z" he said, turning to Ziva and helping her up.
"So the whole girlfriend thing was a lie?" she asked, still trying to understand.
"Not technically, but yeah. It hurt me, lying to you Ziva. You especially." He said. Right then and there he was going to kiss her, had he not spotted Gibbs striding towards him.
"DiNozzo! David!" he yelled.
"Yes Boss?"
"Don't do that again" he said, slapping both of them on the back of the head.
"Yes boss" they both said, rubbing the back of their heads.

Back at NCIS, Gibbs visited Abby in her lab. She snuck up on her like he usually did and planted a kiss on her neck, bringing it up to behind her ear. "Hmm, Gibbs" she moaned.
"Yeah Abs?"
"Come on" she said, taking him by the hand and leading them to the supply closet. She kissed him as she pulled open the door behind her.
"What the hell?!" Gibbs yelled, causing Abby to spin round.
"BOSS!" Tony yelled, letting go of Ziva and pulling up his trousers. She did her shirt up hastily and Tony wiped the lipstick from his mouth.
"We can explain…" she started, but then saw Gibbs and Abby together. "Hmm, but I don't think we have to, considering the circumstances." She said, just as shocked as Gibbs and Abby were to see Tony and Ziva.
"We'll leave you to it" Abby said, moving Gibbs back a bit and shutting the door. Ziva jumped on Tony and wrapped her legs around his waist.
"Where were we?" she said, kissing him fiercely. Meanwhile, Abby pulled Gibbs back to near the lab.
"Your conference room boss?" she asked hopefully.
"You got it" he said, kissing her passionately as he carried her into the elevator, doors sliding shut in front of them.