- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Romanology is an AU fic of NCIS that takes place in a world where the Roman Empire never fell. It is a potential squick story as it contains the following: slave!fic, D/s, violence, blood-play, rough m/m sex, non-con, and mentions of castration with the potential for actual castration in the future. If any of the above squicks you, DO NOT go any further! Don't say I didn't warn you in some flaming email, either, because I did! So there!
Author's Chapter Notes:
Gibbs finds Tony just after he's been convicted of a crime he didn't commit. He takes the younger man under his protection and starts looking for a way to clear Tony's name.

Jethro's attention was caught by a commotion at the other end of the courthouse corridor. Turning, he saw a melee of guards and cops and arched a curious eyebrow as he watched them not-quite fighting, but definitely heading on their way for a serious confrontation. Wondering what could cause something like that, he strode down the hall, reaching them in less than a minute, but hanging back to watch.

There were three cops, four guards, and a convict at the center of it. The cops were pissed and afraid, but Jethro saw that they weren't scared for themselves, they were worried about the convict for some reason. The courthouse guards, of course, were belligerent, and surrounded the convict with defiance and anger.

"Get out of the way, Detective!" the lead guard ordered.

One of the cops spat, "Not a chance! You're not bringing him back there!"

"He's been rightfully convicted in aÖ"

"It's a fucking mockery!" a second cop burst out. "You can't bring him back there when he's innocent! I mean, fucking look at him! They're going to kill him in there this time!"

And that's when Jethro really looked at the convict. Young, probably late twenties or early thirties, short brown hair in the standard buzz cut for convicts, huddled in on himself making him seem smaller than his probable six foot. He couldn't see much of the face as it was aimed at the floor, but something about him was calling at Jethro to intervene. Some kind ofÖfragility and despair.

He abruptly knew that the cop was right; if this young man went back into the Pens, he'd be dead this time. The fact that he'd been sent into the regular Pens instead of those reserved for disgraced cops or military told Jethro that there'd either been a serious mix-up, or someone didn't want the young man to live, or his crimes were so bad that he deserved what happened to cops in that environment.

Going on the instincts that hadn't failed him more than a handful of times in a lifetime of danger and military service, Jethro stepped forward, walking towards the center of the conflict. The men and women surrounding the group instantly stepped aside on seeing his rank, some of them blanching as they did so.

Gunny's weren't, after all, to be fucked with.

"What's going on here?" he asked quietly.

There was silence as the six men and one woman took in his rank and someone tried to come up with an explanation. The convict's eyes flickered up to meet his and Jethro caught a flash of blue and incredible pain in the too-brief glance. His mind reeled under the onslaught, even though it had only lasted, maybe, three seconds, but he kept the cold expression in place.

Keeping his tone stern, but quiet, Jethro stated, "If someone doesn't start talking in about three seconds, I'll be calling in my guard and all of you will be facing an Inquiry."

"Tony's innocent!" the woman burst out. "He's been railroaded and set-up, given an incompetent lawyer on purpose, and they put him in the Common Pens through the entire trial! He's a cop, for fu, uh, Gods' sake, and you know what's happened to him there! Please, Sir, please intervene! Please don't let them take him back there! Help him!"

Jethro's gaze returned to the convict, but those blue eyes were staring at the floor. "Has he been convicted in a Court of Law?"

Reluctant, the woman admitted, "Yes."

Nodding slowly, Jethro continued to look the young man over and then glanced at the woman. She met his gaze without fear or duplicity, just sincere worry for what would happen to the convict, Tony. Shifting his gaze to the head guard, he stated, "This man now belongs to me. Send the paperwork to my office at NCIS. Gunnery Sergeant Leroy Jethro Gibbs."

There was no protest, naturally, just a nod from the guard and, "Yes, Sir."

Jethro scanned the area and snapped, "Dismissed!"

The crowd instantly dispersed, leaving him alone with the guard and the convict. The guard asked, "Did you want some assistance Sir?"

"Do I look like I need it?" Jethro questioned.

Flushing, the man bowed quickly before taking off.

Jethro snorted and turned his attention to the convict. "Let's go."

From the pained way that the young man moved as he fell into step with him, Jethro knew that there had definitely been beatings and rapes in the Pens. The long legs held him up all right, but there were tremors in the bound hands, elegant but scraped fingers clutching his own shirt to keep steady.

When they reached the military vehicle outside at the curb, Jethro was interested to note that there was no hesitation from Tony. The young man simply climbed onto the backseat of the truck as best he could and buckled up. The military personnel weren't even looked at and Jethro's lips pursed thoughtfully at the idea that Tony was more than glad to be with military now. Military was completely seperate from civilian law, a world unto itself, and the slave didn't have to worry about the same lacking when it came to codes of conduct; especially not with a Gunny.

Nodding to the corporal who was driving, Jethro sat beside Tony and settled in as the hummer left the curb. There was only silence in the truck, no one saying anything. Through his peripheral vision, Jethro saw Tony sneaking looks at him every so often on the drive back to the office, and almost grinned. He knew what the young man would see: a hard, unyielding, career military man with salt-n-pepper hair and pale blue eyes.

Arriving at the office, Jethro nodded to the corporal and climbed out of the truck. He walked around the vehicle to Tony's side, noting how the young man's eyes remained on the pavement as he waited. He was sure it wasn't a natural behavior, that it had been beaten into him in the Pens by the other slaves. Even if this man wasn't truly innocent, and Jethro already had a strong, gut feeling that he was, what had happened to him was a horror that no one should have to face.

Jethro walked inside, keeping his pace slower than usual, but not so slow as to arouse suspicion from Tony that he was taking it easy on him. It took forever to get through security with a slave who was a convicted felon, but Jethro knew it was standard security procedures and didn't take offense or get upset. During the process, he discovered that his new slave was named Tony DiNozzo and was thirty-two years old. The rest of his records hadn't yet arrived. But with Jethro's position and power, that was dealt with and finally, Tony had a Visitor's badge and an electronic bracelet to keep tabs on him within the building, and they were ready to go. Once inside the office, Jethro motioned to the empty desk beside his and ordered, "Sit and don't touch anything."

Tony remained silent, but nodded and did as he was told.

Going to his own desk a few feet away, Jethro picked up the phone and dialed Ducky's extension.

"Dr. Mallard speaking."

"Ducky, I need you to meet me in Conference Room 101B," Jethro said without preamble. "Bring your medical gear and your camera."

"Do we have a dead body on the premises?" Ducky questioned, curiosity obvious in his tone.

Jethro sighed. "Nope. Just a potential crime scene."

"I'll be there momentarily."

Jethro saw Kate coming their way, eyeing Tony like a bug, answered absently, "Thanks, Duck," and hung up. He got her attention with, "Kate. Come here for a minute."

Kate detoured away from Tony to him, as intended, and stopped in front of his desk. Crossing her arms over her chest, she demanded, "What is someone like that doing here?"

"His name is Tony DiNozzo, and you will address him by name, Agent Todd," Jethro stated, maintaining eye contact.

Backing down, though clearly unhappy about it, Kate repeated, "What's he doing here?"

"He's temporarily my slave."

"Temporarily?"

"I think he's innocent of the crime he's been convicted of."

"Which is?"

"I don't know yet."

Kate stared at him blankly for a moment, then shook her head. "You know, that doesn't even surprise me. He's not military, though, so there's no jurisdiction."

"I know," Jethro agreed. "Which is why you're going to use your civilian contacts to find out everything about his case. Once we figure out what's really going on, we'll figure out where to go from there."

"All right," Kate agreed, plainly unconvinced as she walked away.

Looking over at Tony, Jethro found him in the exact same position he'd been left in; sitting gingerly on the edge of his seat, not putting his full weight down on the chair for obvious reasons. Sighing faintly, Jethro stood and walked over to him, ordering, "Let's go, DiNozzo."

Surprise laced the handsome features at the use of his last name and Tony slowly got to his feet, using the desk for support. Figuring that the young man probably wasn't going to make it much further on his own, Jethro carefully put his arm around Tony's waist and said softly, "Lean on me, Tony. It's going to be okay, I promise."

Those heartbreaking eyes met his again and even though Tony didn't answer, just the faintest gleam of hope began to surface.

Smiling in response, Jethro guided him towards the conference room where Ducky would be waiting. This time he did move at Tony's pace, which was getting slower and weaker by the minute. When they arrived in the conference room, the young man stiffened on seeing Ducky and his equipment on the conference table, but still didn't speak. Jethro was starting to worry that perhaps the young man's tongue had been cut out and asked, "Can you talk?"

"Damaged chords," Tony whispered.

Probably from too much screaming, Jethro thought, grim. Aloud, he said, "That's fine, just making sure there's still a tongue in your head, civil or not."

That actually provoked a brief smile and Jethro relaxed. Perhaps Tony wasn't broken after all, just really damaged, like his voice. Settling Tony against the table, Jethro introduced, "Dr. Mallard, this is Tony DiNozzo. Tony, this is Ducky, and he's a very good, close friend of mine, as well as a doctor. I want him to examine you and take some pictures of your condition to document the extent of your injuries. That's why we're here, because there aren't any video cameras and this room is private. Is that all right?"

Though unhappiness practically radiated from Tony, he nodded acceptance and started to undress.

Meeting Ducky's gaze, Jethro saw the smoldering outrage there. He knew that Ducky was livid at Tony's condition, even knowing that the young man was a felon. Ducky was an abolitionist and would no doubt use these pictures and Tony's situation, with Tony's permission of course, to help their cause.

When Tony was nude, it was all Jethro could do to keep himself in check at the massive bruising and ugly, half-healed scabs all over the young man's body. There were whip marks across the back, a lot of them fresh, and the pattern of bruising on the ass showed the evidence of brutal and repeated rapes.

Keeping his expression schooled to show only encouragement, he helped Tony away from the table and supported him as Ducky took pictures. The Englishman was thin-lipped with fury at the brutality Tony had suffered, but didn't make any comments as he worked. And then Jethro had to step away so Ducky could perform an actual examination. Thinking that perhaps Tony would prefer privacy, he said, "I'll go do some paperwork while you finish up in here, Ducky."

"No! Please!" Tony rasped loudly.

Jethro almost flinched at the horrible, gravely quality to the young man's voice and instinctively knew that the damage done to his vocal chords was permanent. Seeing the panic in the blue eyes, Jethro assured him, "It's okay, Tony, I won't go if you don't want me to. I'll stay here. I just thought you'd want to have some privacy."

Shaking his head, Tony begged, "Please stay, please don't go!"

"Hey, it's okay, I'll stay. Rest your voice," Jethro assured him.

Ducky got to work once Tony settled down again, going slowly and carefully so as not to frighten him with any sudden moves. He kept up a soft, soothing monologue, telling Tony what he was doing and what to expect, just as he would with any rape victim. Jethro watched and waited, unable to do anything to help during the hour-long exam.

Seeing that Tony's legs were shaking by the end of it, Jethro said, "Hang on, DiNozzo, let me help you get dressed. Don't want you keeling over and adding to the injury list."

The gratefulness flashed his way could have been for the offer, but Jethro suspected it was because of the continued use of his last name. It took several minutes to get him back in the prison jumpsuit and then he put his arm around Tony's waist again for support. To Ducky, he said, "I'm going to take him home, get him into a shower and then to bed."

"That's perfect. I'll call in a prescription for antibiotics to help with the fever, but give him 1200 mg of whatever pain reliever you've got on hand at home in the meantime," Ducky instructed.

"Will do, Duck, thanks."

"Take care of him, Jethro."

"Oh I will."

Ducky nodded and started gathering up his equipment.

"All right, DiNozzo, let's get you home."

Tony leaned heavily on him and nodded, resting his head on Jethro's shoulder as they started walking.

* * * *

It took some doing, but Jethro managed to get Tony from the car into the house, aiming straight for the master bedroom as he said, "I think we can skip the shower in favor of you getting some sleep."

"Thanks," Tony whispered.

Jethro nodded and helped him over to the bed. Once there, he started undoing the jumpsuit and Tony stiffened. Meeting the young man's gaze, Jethro said clearly, "I know what happened to you and you never have to worry about that again. You're safe with me, Tony, I swear it."

Tony held his gaze for a long moment, then visibly relaxed. Taking that as a sign to keep going, Jethro unzipped the jumpsuit and helped him out of it. When Tony was crashed out on the bed, he ordered, "Don't go to sleep yet, I need to get those pain relievers into you."

Nodding wearily, Tony carefully pulled down the covers, clearly intending to get beneath them.

Jethro headed for the master bathroom and grabbed some meds, doling out the appropriate amount and getting a glass of water. Bringing them back, he found Tony on his side and still awake, but barely so, his shorn head on the pillow and his eyes blinking rapidly as he struggled to stay conscious. Sitting on the bed beside him, Jethro ordered, "Open your mouth."

When Tony did, Jethro dropped the four pills into it, then supported Tony's head when he brought the water up for him to drink. "All of it, you're dehydrated."

Tony drank the whole glass down and was asleep even before the glass left his lips. Jethro gently lay Tony's head back on the pillow and put the glass on the bedside table. He sighed as he took in the utter exhaustion on the young face and brushed his hand over the soft hair, promising, "I'll find out what went down, Tony, and you'll be free again. I swear it."

* * * *

Sleeping not two feet from the bed on an almost-comfortable chair that he'd brought into the bedroom, Jethro woke at the first hoarse shout of pain and fear. Eyes locking onto the writhing man in the bed, Jethro knew Tony was fighting off his attackers in his dreams and not having any more success there, than in real life.

Unable to take the heartbreaking cries for help, made all the more agonizing to hear because of the damaged voice, Jethro crossed to the bed and sat on it. He caught both flailing hands in his own and said loudly, "Tony! Wake up! It's a nightmare!"

When all that did was cause the young man to struggle violently against him, Jethro stretched out and wrapped his arms and legs around Tony, afraid that the other would hurt himself if it went on much longer. It took several tries to completely restrain Tony, but he did it, and then he just held on, murmuring reassurances into the nearby ear.

Jethro felt it when Tony woke, his body freezing into place within Jethro's arms. Tremors ran through Tony, graduating swiftly to sobs, and Jethro held on through it all, though he relaxed the restraining strength to a comforting one. The tears didn't stop, though the wracking sobs and shudders slowed to silent streams of tears escaping tightly shut lids.

Finally, Tony just lay limp on top of him, utterly spent from the emotion. When that happened, Jethro whispered, "How's a hot shower sound?"

Tony nodded weakly and in a few minutes, they had him in the bathroom and Jethro had started the water. Looking at the other man, he asked easily, "You need any help in here?"

"Why?"

Jethro half-smiled. "Because you still look like a stiff wind would knock you down."

Shaking his head impatiently, Tony questioned, "Why are you helping me?"

Not something that Jethro could rightly explain to himself, let alone to the man he was helping. After a few seconds, he said honestly, "Because it's the right thing to do."

Tony stared at him for a long moment, then a half-smile creased his bruised, swollen lips and he replied, "You're a Gunny, all right."

Laughing, relieved at the dry observation, Jethro ordered, "Shower. Now. Before you fall over. Do you need help?"

A shy nod prompted Jethro to start stripping and soon they were both under the hot water. Tony leaned against him, groaning in pained pleasure at the firm spray of water hitting him, though Jethro shielded him from most of it, to start. Firmly locking away his responses to the muscled, slick body against his, Jethro washed away the dirt and sweat and fear from Tony's body. He took his time working through the short hair, washing it a few times with a scalp massage thrown in and feeling Tony relax even further against him by the time he was done.

He moved them back under the spray, rinsing the other man, then turned the faucet off. Helping Tony from the tub, he dried them both off and ushered Tony back towards the bed. Once there, he asked neutrally, "You want some company? Maybe it'll help with the nightmares."

His brief reserve of strength used up, Tony nodded and climbed back under the covers, rolling onto his side with a hiss of pain. Jethro settled beside him, putting his arm around Tony's waist as he spooned up from behind and supported the battered body with his own. Cautious, he asked, "This okay?"

Tony nodded, mumbling, "Really okay."

Jethro didn't even try to figure out his responses to this man who had so easily gotten under his skin and through his barriers. He just sighed deeply in contentment and closed his eyes as he hooked a leg between the longer set.

* * * *

Tony tensed at the feel of someone lying directly behind him, their bodies touching along all points and a leg thrust between his. He felt the semi-hard cock against his ass and swallowed in nearly unreasoning fear, but forced himself to remain still. It was more than enough to restart the pounding headache, but his newly honed instincts for self-preservation told him not to move. He had a newfound appreciation for the mice who played dead when an owl dove at them.

"Easy now, it's just me, remember?"

The soft voice at his ear sent a flood of memory thought him from his final courthouse date, to the Gunny's intervention, to the examination, to his breakdown in the early morning hours.

"Waking up like this, my body's SOP is to be relaxed and ready for action, but I'm not going to do anything. You're safe with me, Tony."

Breathing out shakily, Tony nodded, not trusting what was left of his voice not to crack.

A strong hand rubbed soothingly over his arm and the older man said, "How does breakfast sound? Good?"

Tony nodded again and they disentangled themselves. Though he felt better than he had since the beginning of the nightmare, Tony knew he was far from full-strength. His body was going to need time to heal and recover, and he wasn't at all sure that his psyche ever would. If only he'd met the Gunny three months ago when all of this had started. He was sure that this man would never have let the travesty of a trial go on, and he'd sure as hell have made certain that Tony was kept separate from the general slave population.

Shuddering at the wave of bad memories that threatened to overwhelm him, Tony forced them back and accepted the robe held out to him, wincing as he tied it in place. The Gunny dressed in sweats and a t-shirt, then led him out of the bedroom, a supporting hand under his arm, to the kitchen at the end of the hall.

He sat carefully in one of the chairs and just watched the other man move easily around the kitchen, preparing eggs and bacon and toast, pouring juice, and setting the table without saying a word. It was a comfortable silence, though, and Tony had the feeling that the Gunny didn't say anything without due cause. That silence had been a way of life with the other for a long time. Personally, with the current state of his voice, it was something he could get behind.

Tucking into his food with gusto, Tony savored the scrambled eggs and bacon as if it was the best meal he'd ever eaten; which was pretty close to the truth. He was safe again, he was with someone who would look out for him, who would protect him from both the system and those who abused it.

Gunnies were a breed apart with the power to back up their unusual position in the military system. It had started a few hundred years ago, when the Empire had extended to the Americas in a fit of colonialism. There had been so many battles here in the Americas, and most of the military had been decimated by the local population, who had been more than ready to fight back. Gunnies had taken control and whipped the militias into shape, pretty much ignoring the ineffectual commanders, and reverting to the Imperial tactics of ancient Rome. It had worked, too, and not only had the Americas been conquered, it had elevated the rank of Gunny to a near-idyllic level.

Technically a mid-level rank, Gunnery Sergeant was a mark of respect and achieving it gave one far more power than those with superior rank. Gunnies were, almost to a one, obsessively honorable, strictly adhering to a moral code of conduct that was above and beyond any other. It was almost a brotherhood within the military and once within their ranks, a Gunny was nigh untouchable.

"So you want to tell me what happened?"

Thankfully, Tony was done eating and didn't have to worry about losing his appetite. Deciding to answer the question as to the beginning of the insanity, Tony whispered, "I was a Maryland cop, undercover vice. I caught a Senator dealing X to underage kids at a rave. I didn't know it was him at the time, so I didn't file a specific report, I just made a note of a new dealer in my log and started investigating."

The Gunny grimaced. "I bet that went over well."

Shrugging, Tony answered, "I didn't tell anyone, once I found out who he was. I built a case on my own. Audio and visual surveillance, locations and dates, witness lists, everything. He's dirty, dirty as they come, and does more than just deal in X to underage kids. I wanted him to come down hard, even though I knew there wouldn't be any jail time. I was hoping he'd kill himself to obviate the shame to his family."

"That didn't happen," the Gunny observed.

"Found myself accused of graft and corruption before I could bring anyone in on it," Tony confirmed. He remembered the anger and bewilderment when he'd first been charged with a sense of detachment. Being innocent, Tony had firmly believed that he'd get everything cleared up without any trouble at all. "Never even connected it to the bastard. I was too caught up in what was happening to have any time to think or plan, to do more than just react."

"Which was what he intended."

"Yeah, I know that now. I was assigned a lawyer fresh out of business law school."

"Damn."

Tony snorted. "Yeah. The kid didn't know what hit him. And I don't blame him, he just didn't have a clue."

"You couldn't afford your own lawyer?"

Tone wry, Tony reminded, "Once accused of corruption, everything else is suspect. All actions taken by the accused are presumed guilty and duplicitous, up to and including choice of representation."

The Gunny sighed. "No one would touch you."

"With a hundred-foot pole," Tony agreed wryly. He paused to take a drink, his throat sore from the use. "Didn't matter how many cops stood up for me, once I was accused, the system took over."

"The system that was supposed to keep you separate from the common Pens," the Gunny observed, a hint of anger in the pale blue eyes. "I presume that was fixed."

Trying not to think of anything that had happened there, Tony jerked a nod at him and continued, "My partner was lucky not to be under suspicion herself, but she still fought for me. Fought to get me out of there, even sold her car and mortgaged her house to get bond. A lot of other cops added to the fund, but there was no bail allowed, so I was sent down."

They were both silent for a few minutes, then the Gunny started clearing the table, obviously thinking over his words. Tony sighed and relaxed as best he could into the hard chair, shifting so there was no direct pressure on his ass. He carefully kept his mind blank as to the cause for his current state, not willing to revisit his time in the Pens outside of nightmares.

"Where's the evidence?"

Though he wasn't expecting that particular question, Tony answered, "My partner has it. I didn't trust any safe deposit box I had since they could get into any of my effects without even a court order."

Nodding, the other man continued to wash and rinse the plates, then the cookware, until the kitchen was tidied up and back to its original condition. Leaning against the counter, the Gunny faced him again and said, "I need to pick up your prescriptions and check in with the office. Will you be all right here by yourself?"

Tony wavered at the thought of not being directly within the Gunny's line of sight, but nodded and said, "Sure. I um, I'll just get some more sleep, is all."

"It'll probably be a few hours before I can get back," he warned seriously.

Swallowing nervously at the thought that he'd be by himself for so long, even in the Gunny's own home, Tony nonetheless nodded again and said, "I'll just have to deal."

The Gunny's lips twitched, but didn't quite make a smile as he replied, "You don't have to prove anything to me, DiNozzo. I can work from home and have the prescription delivered if that will make you more comfortable."

Relieved at the firm tone and lack of judgment in the other's gaze, Tony relinquished his brief attempt at bravery and admitted, "I'd rather not be by myself right now."

"Then you won't be," the Gunny said simply. "Now then. Let's get you some more pain meds and back into bed."

"Can I, will you be working out here?" Tony dared to ask.

"You want to sack out on the couch?"

"If, if that's all right."

"Yeah, Tony, it's fine."

So they got him settled on the comfortable leather sofa and the Gunny brought out a laptop and started working. It was a comfortably domestic scene and Tony relaxed as he listened to the other man talking on the phone with coworkers and the pharmacy and typing on the computer. From his observations, he discovered that the Gunny was frequently impatient, didn't suffer fools, and expected a lot from his people; all requisite personality traits of a Gunny, so no surprise there. He tensed when the doorbell rang, even though he knew it was probably only the prescription delivery.

The Gunny met his gaze and smiled at him briefly, assuring him, "I've got it."

He watched the other man cross the room, taking in the strong, graceful walk with something like hunger. He remembered how it had felt to be wrapped up in the other man's arms and how great it had been to surrender himself and his emotions to the Gunny's care-taking. He would never be glad that this had happened, never ever, but at least something good had come of it. Tony knew, somehow, that this man was important to his future.

Perhaps the Gods had deemed them Fated to meet, and when they hadn't, decided to take matters into their own hands. Everyone knew how capricious they were.

To his surprise, he heard the same voice of the woman from NCIS and stiffened instinctively. He remembered her contemptuous eyes and cool voice, as well as the near-disrespect in her voice as she'd addressed the Gunny and forced himself to sit up and then stand, tightening the belt and shifting the robe almost defensively around himself. He didn't want to be in any kind of vulnerable position when she was around.

The Gunny returned with the woman, took one look at him and snapped, "Sit down before you fall down!"

Tony instantly sat down, his eyes dropping instinctively to the floor. He heard a gusty sigh and then the Gunny was sitting beside him. A hand lightly gripped his knee and the older man apologized, "Sorry, Tony, I just don't want you hurting yourself, all right?"

Hesitant, Tony looked up and was relieved to see worry, not repressed anger, in the blue eyes staring back at him. He nodded and whispered, "S'okay."

"It's not, but we'll deal with it later," the other answered. "For now, introductions. Tony DiNozzo, this is Special Agent Kate Todd, she's one of my agents and you can trust her."

And if the Gunny said it was so, it was so. Tony nodded and offered her a brief smile.

"Hey, Tony, I'm sorry about yesterday," Kate offered, dark eyes also sincere. "I reacted to your status, not you. A potential threat let inside the office, you know?"

Tony nodded acceptance.

Sitting in the chair opposite the couch, Kate pulled a thick file out of her bag and offered it to the Gunny with, "Here's what I've dug up so far, Gibbs. It's not exactly light reading material, but the gist of it is a trial that took place in a kangaroo court. DiNozzo here is as clean as his fellow cops kept insisting. I don't understand why this ever even happened with so many cops protesting the whole thing. He's got a lot of friends, even now. And I have no idea why there was a media blackout."

Gibbs. It was good to finally know what the Gunny's name was, even if only partially. Tony relaxed into the sideways embrace the older man offered when he slid an arm around Tony's waist. Sighing, Tony rested his head on the nearby shoulder and curled inwards towards Gibbs, enjoying the gentle stroking of fingers over his hip.

"Tony was investigating a Senator who was dealing X to kids and doing other not-so nice things to them, too," Gibbs informed her.

Kate's breath hissed out in surprise. "That would do it. I kept seeing some invisible hand there, but I couldn't figure out who it belonged to."

"Tony, what's your partner's name? I want to get that evidence from her before something conveniently happens to her, as well," Gibbs said.

"Melinda Richards," Tony rasped. "She lives in Georgetown with her family."

Looking distinctly uneasy at the quality of his voice, Kate stated, "I'll go pay her a visit, tell her I work with you and we're going to clear Tony of all this crap."

Gibbs nodded and agreed, "Do it when you leave here. And offer her my protection, too. I want her and her family safe from reprisal since she's about the only witness we've got."

"Anything else?"

"Not until after I read whatever's in this file. Check in with me once you have the evidence locked up at NCIS. Make three copies. Give one to Abs, one to Ducky, and log in the originals."

"Got it. I'll talk to you later. See ya, Tony."

Tony waved to her and watched her go before whispering, "You think you can really clear me?"

"Yeah, Tony, I do. And I will. You won't be a slave much longer, I promise."

And then the traitorous thought ran through his mind, What if I want to be your slave for the rest of my life?

* * * *

Jethro was about ready to kill someone, his sense of justice outraged by what had happened to Tony and he was only reading the court transcripts. That Senator wasn't the only one going to go down for this, that was for thrice damned sure. The judge, the D.A., the Pen holder, the arresting officers in IA, all of them were about to feel the swift and violent form of a Gunny's justice.

He glanced over at where Tony was currently sacked out on the sofa, snoring softly and oblivious to the world, thanks to the codeine enhanced pain relievers also in the medicine bag from the pharmacy. He'd silently blessed Ducky's foresight in sending it as well, before ordering Tony to take them, along with the antibiotics for the low-grade fever that hadn't yet abated. Once they'd been washed down with more juice, it had been a trip to the bathroom for the uncomfortable application of antibiotic ointment to treat the internal tears and bruising. Tony had been fire-engine red through the entire thing, not meeting his gaze once as Jethro had applied it.

It hadn't taken long for the drugs to take effect in Tony's weakened body, so Jethro had tucked him back into the sofa, covering him with a couple of blankets despite the perpetual sheen of perspiration from the fever. It wasn't until he'd soothed the young man into sleep, running his fingers through the short hair for a good twenty minutes, that he'd been able to pry himself from Tony's side to go through the material that Kate had dug up.

At the end of the file, Kate had put in some personal notes about Tony's family history and that only added to his anger. Only a day after Tony had been accused, his father had disowned him. There hadn't been any attempt to help the young man; no lawyers, no money, nothing at all. Without the backing of the powerful businessman, Tony had been like a lamb to the slaughter. "Son of a bitch!"

Tony stirred at his exclamation and Jethro waited until he settled before reading more. It didn't look like a close, personal relationship between father and son, even before the disownment, but he still couldn't fathom why the instant rejection. Not even an attempt to see if Tony was innocent like everyone aside from prosecution was saying.

Jethro was eager to meet up with Mr. DiNozzo, Sr., preferably alone in a room with no holds barred.

When Tony stirred again, this time whimpering in distress, Jethro left the file and crossed to him, sitting on the sofa and gently combing his fingers through the short hair. He liked the feel of it, soft and thick, it would be even better when it grew out, Jethro knew.

And therein lay his dilemma. He didn't want to free TonyÖhe wanted to keep Tony as his slave and own him body and soul. Jethro knew that he would never be that selfish, but for the first time in his life, he wanted to be. For the first time, he wanted to chain someone to him, literally and figuratively.

Tony shifted, turning all the way over and curling over Jethro's lap, face only inches from his crotch. Shuddering in vicious lust, Jethro took a deep breath and forced himself not to move a muscleÖaside from the one he had no control over. Then the young man nuzzled closer, his face rubbing over Jethro's thigh. Fingers clenching the sofa, Jethro moaned softly and muttered, "Fuck!"

Moving carefully and slowly so as not to wake Tony, Jethro stood up and strode out of the living room to the bathroom. His cock was rock hard and he unzipped without bothering to close the bathroom door, knowing it wouldn't take long. Gripping his cock, he stroked hard and fast, unable to get the image of Tony so close to his shaft out of his mouth. Just another couple of inches and that cheek would have been rubbing against his cock, not his thigh.

"Oh fuck, Tony, Gods damned, oh, oh shit!" Jethro hissed, cock exploding and coming mostly in the toilet. Shuddering again, Jethro rode through the aftershocks with his eyes closed. Dragging in a ragged breath, he exhaled sharply and groaned, "Gods, Tony, what you're doing to me. Fuck I wish I didn't have to free you."

He started cleaning up.

* * * *

Tony had been afraid that something had happened while he'd been out of it when he woke up to see Gibbs taking off down the hall, so he'd shakily gotten to his feet and followed. Arriving at the hall bathroom just as Jethro had come with Tony's name on his lips. His face had warmed with a strange pleasure at hearing the Gunny not wanting to let him go and he'd turned, not wanting to be discovered eavesdropping, but then he stopped.

They couldn't start with any secrets, that would be wrong. And even if it wasn't, the Gunny would ferret it out in no time flat. Taking a breath, Tony turned back around and pushed the door open, standing just at the door as he called softly, "Master?"

Gibbs froze in the act of zipping his pants up, then canted his head Tony's way and demanded, "What did you call me?"

Swallowing with fear at the cold look in the winter blue eyes, Tony stammered, "M-master. You, you own me."

"Tony, I don't really own you. You're going to be a freeman again in less than forty-eight hours, seventy-two, max," Gibbs corrected, finishing putting himself to rights.

Lowering his eyes to the ground, Tony whispered, "I want you to own me. I'veÖno one's ever wanted me like this before, and it feels strange to me, that I would want it, but I do. I want to wear your Chain and I want you to Claim me. I want to be yours for the rest of my life."

"Tony, you're really mixed up right now," Gibbs said slowly, his voice a lot warmer, sympathy laced through it. "You don't know what you want because of what happened to you in theÖ"

"No!" Tony exclaimed harshly, glaring at the other man. "No! This has nothing to do with that! What, what happened there was, was, was something I didn't think I could get over, maybe I won't, I don't know, but youÖI feel safe with you and for the first time in my life, I think maybe someone could care for me."

Sighing heavily, Gibbs just looked at him for a few minutes. Finally, he stated, "If I own you, it's going to be body and soul, Tony. If I own you and you so much as even look at another man or woman, I will beat you bloody with my own hands and kill them. If I own youÖfuck, Tony, if I own you, you're never going to want for anything in your life ever again. I'll never abandon you and I will never cast you off, no matter what you do. I will never let you go. Never."

Tony's tongue flickered out over suddenly dry lips and he whispered, "I want that. Please, Master, own me. Take me. Use me however you want. Please, don't leave me and don't make me go."

Gibbs was suddenly there, right against him, chest to chest and staring into his eyes as he ordered, "Don't move."

Tony nodded, shivering at the barely repressed ferocity in the other man's eyes.

Nuzzling at his throat, the Gunny licked a brief swath along his collarbone as he opened the robe. One of his hands gripped Tony's cock and he moaned at the contact. It had been so long since someone had touched him with anything other than brutality that he was hard and leaking with only a few tender strokes.

"I'm going to love you, Tony, I'm going to show you that you belong to me, that you're my slave, and I'm going to do it so sweet and so gentle," Gibbs murmured in his ear before taking the lobe between his teeth.

Tony shuddered, his fingers scrabbling uselessly at the tiled wall while he tried desperately not to move, as ordered. When Gibbs traced his tongue down Tony's chest, circumventing the bruises, and didn't stop until he was on his knees, Tony whimpered with need. The Gunny looked up at him, pale eyes fierce with heat now, and then licked up his cock before sucking it into his mouth.

"Oh, please, Master, please," Tony moaned, desperate to come.

He might have lasted a little longer if a sure, knowing finger hadn't rubbed behind his balls, causing him to shout and come right in his new Master's mouth. It was only sheer force of will that kept him upright and staved off the graying of his vision while Gibbs nuzzled at his lax cock and balls, inhaling himÖscenting him, Tony suddenly realized and then moaned again.

The Gunny chuckled, a wicked sound, and got to his feet, sliding an arm around Tony's waist as he ordered, "To bed now."

"Please, the couch if you aren't going to join me?" Tony dared to ask, even leaning so heavily against Gibbs.

An indulgent smile surfaced and Gibbs nodded, kissing him for the first time, possessing his mouth and giving him the taste of his own come. His breath hitched in renewed need at the dominating kiss and his past choices of lovers being in the military suddenly made a lot of sense. He leaned after the other man's mouth when the kiss was broken and opened his eyes at another chuckle.

Smiling, Gibbs tweaked his nose and said, "Come on. Time for sleep, if not to bed. You have a lot of healing to do and I've got work to finish."

Tony didn't protest this time, resting his head on Gibbs' shoulder as they walked back to the sofa. The Gunny again tucked him in, love and caring in every soft touch as the blanket was wrapped around him. Looking up at his Master, Tony whispered, "I want this, Master, please don't leave me, no matter what."

Strong fingers brushed through his hair, soothing him back towards sleep and Gibbs vowed, "I won't, no matter what, my precious slave."

* * * *

"What do you mean, you are keeping him!?" Ducky snapped.

Jethro had known this would be the hardest part, that Ducky would probably lose respect for him over this, but there wasn't any real choice. Grimacing at the phone in his hand, he said, "When we clear Tony of these charges, he's going to remain my slave."

"You can't do this, Jethro!" Ducky exclaimed. "It's immoral and it's taking advantage of a very, very confused young man who thinks that the moon rises and sets on you because you took him from a horrible existence."

How to explain the love and need shining from Tony's eyes? That it wasn't gratitude, though he knew that was there, in part. How could he explain how right it felt to hold the young man through his nightmares and soothe him until he fell into a dreamless sleep? Because that's exactly what had happened the night before, to his surprise. He'd never been very physically affectionate, one of the reasons his marriages had all failed. But with Tony, it was all he could do not to be touching the young man at all times.

"I know you're ticked, but this is a fact," Jethro said at last. "He belongs to me and once he's been cleared and exonerated, Tony wants to sign himself over to me. Ducky, look, I know that this seemsÖhinkyÖfor lack of a better word, but you've never doubted me before. Don't doubt me about this, okay? When he's strong enough, you can have a nice long chat with him, I promise. You can see and judge for yourself. In the meantime, what do you have?"

There was a long silence through which Jethro could feel the older man's glower, but finally Ducky announced, "It seems that young Mr. DiNozzo was quite thorough in his documentation. Abby examined the substances that he sealed up for lab analysis and it's that new version of X that is on the streets now."

Instantly alert, Jethro commented, "So we could have our originator and main dealer in Senator Williams."

"We could indeed," Ducky agreed.

Nodding, Jethro said, "And this technically becomes a matter for the locals at this point, but I don't trust any of them. Can you come here and stay with Tony while I put the team together to take Williams down? And if you do, can I trust you not to harangue him?"

A bit stiffly, Duck replied, "I believe that I can restrain myself, yes."

"Good. I'll see you when you get here."

Hanging up, Jethro moved from the kitchen back into the living room, sitting on the edge of the sofa and gently shaking Tony's shoulder. Bleary eyes opened and Jethro said, "Time for bed, my own. I have to leave to take care of some business, but Ducky's going to be here to keep an eye on you."

Growing alert at the announcement, Tony rasped, "I can't come?"

Jethro brushed fingers over a still-bruised cheek and shook his head. "Official business, so no, not right now."

"Dangerous business?"

The quiet question forced Jethro not to gloss over it. Tony had been a cop, he would know what was involved. "Fortunately, I've got a military squadron going with me, and I doubt even Senator Williams' security is equal to that."

Tony's eyes widened and he struggled to sit up, exclaiming, "You're going after him now!?"

Helping him into the sitting position, Jethro confirmed, "I'm not going to give him the opportunity to get out of this by hurting anyone else. I'll be okay, Tony, you don't have to worry about me."

"I justÖI don't want to be without you right now," Tony admitted, eyes lowering.

"So go to sleep and you won't even notice," Jethro teased, kissing him gently. It all too quickly turned passionate and he groaned against the tempting lips before pulling back. "Ducky's not happy about us, by the way, and I just wanted to warn you that he might try and talk you out of it."

Tony shrugged. "He won't change my mind. Nothing could. I want your chain around my neck as soon as possible. I want to feel part of you around me at all times."

Unable to help himself, he took the pliant, willing mouth again, devouring Tony as if it was his rightÖwhich it really was, he suddenly and truly realized. He pushed Tony down again, not relinquishing the kiss as he straddled the younger man and rubbed their rapidly hardening cocks together. He was only wearing boxers and Tony was still in the robe, which fell aside almost right away. Tony shuddered, his arms gripping Jethro's ass and urging him on.

Jethro jerked hard against Tony, seeing stars as he came a second time in less than an hour, Tony right behind him, splattering his chest with seed. Panting, he had enough sense not to fall on top of the injured man, though he wanted nothing better. Instead, he dropped to the floor and grinned up at Tony, resting his forehead against the arm as the young man collected his own breath.

"Okay. Definitely time for bed. That should speed you on your way."

"Can't move now. You should've done that in the bed."

Laughing at the smart rejoinder, Jethro climbed to his feet and tugged Tony to his, ushering him to the master bath for a quick, but thorough, shower. While there, he reapplied the ointment and was pleased to note that Tony wasn't nearly as mortified this time around. Kissing him swiftly, Jethro ordered, "Into bed. I need to get dressed."

"Can youÖ"

When Tony did flush scarlet again, Jethro prompted, "Can IÖ?"

"Tuck me in again?"

The words were mumbled and Tony stared at the floor.

"Tony, look at me." When the younger man did, Jethro continued, "If you need something, even something as small as this, I want you to ask me. I won't know if you don't tell me what you need. And tucking you in is something that I enjoy too. We'll be feeling out the boundaries on this for a while to come, I've never owned a slave and ours isn't the normal kind of master/slave relationship, so far as I know, but I don't care. So come on, let me tuck you into bed."

Relieved, Tony smiled full-out at him and practically scampered out of the bathroom like a big kid. Bemused, a grin tugging at his own lips, Jethro followed in time to see the young man slide under the covers and roll onto his side, facing Jethro as he approached. Pulling the covers into place, Jethro tucked them under the mattress, good and tight.

Tony sighed happily and whispered, "Thanks. I, I love you, Master."

Leaning in, Jethro pressed his lips to Tony's forehead and whispered back, "I love you too, my own. Now sleep and don't have any nightmares, okay?"

"I'd salute, but I can't move," Tony teased, eyes bright with humor.

With a grin, Jethro bussed another kiss, this time to his nose, and stood. He could feel Tony's eyes on him as he got ready, but ignored them. He needed to be dressed and ready to go the second that Ducky arrived. To that end, he picked up his cell phone and called Kate, leaning against the dresser to see that Tony was at least drowsing, if not all the way asleep.

"Special Agent Todd."

"It's me. Get together the Alpha Unit and be ready to move on Senator Williams the second I arrive at his estate. Ducky's on his way here to watch DiNozzo."

"Got it. See you there."

Hanging up, he returned to the bed and leaned down to comb his fingers through Tony's hair and said softly, "I'm leaving now. Be good for Ducky."

Tony nodded, mumbling something incoherent through a yawn before falling into a true sleep. Smiling down at the little-boy-lost image he presented, Jethro shook his head fondly and left the bedroom and then the house to wait for Ducky outside.

It was only about ten more minutes before Ducky pulled into the driveway. The doctor exited his car with a mild glare aimed Jethro's way and stated, "You and I will have a long chat about this when everything is cleared up, Jethro."

Shrugging, Jethro replied, "Nothing is going to stop me from doing this, Ducky, though I'm sorry if it offends you and understand if you won't be able to work with me from here on out. Right now, I'm late for a bust. Thank you for watching over him while I'm gone. He's asleep in the master bedroom and has had his meds for the night. I'll see you later."

Ducky's disapproving glance followed him into the car, but no more words were exchanged, so Jethro drove down the driveway.

* * * *

The arrest of Senator Lyle Williams was almost anticlimactic, as Jethro had known it would be. The Alpha Unit was one of the best and had been hand picked by him for special investigations that needed more in the way of force than their usual NCIS cases. The Senator was a powerful man, but turned fearful when confronted by a man of equal or higher rank, like Jethro.

"This is for the innocent man you sent into a life of brutality," Jethro stated coldly before driving his knee into the Senator's groin. Crouching beside the gasping, dry-heaving man, he continued softly, "The only reason I'm not feeding you your balls is because I want you to know the same humiliation that he did as you're raped and brutalized in prison. And you will see the inside of one, believe me."

Jethro walked away from the huddled man on the floor, stopping when he heard a choked, "Wait! Please, Gunny, wait!" Turning around, he gave Williams a cold stare and questioned, "What?"

Drawing in a shuddering breath, Williams gasped out, "I, please, if, if you let me end my life, I can give you information that could save Detective DiNozzo's life!"

"Giving you the chance to redeem yourself like that is too easy."

"You have to listen, you have to!"

Lips twisted in a sneer, Jethro countered, "I don't have to do anything. But, if I like what you have to hear, I may let you kill yourself."

Clearing his throat, looking very much like a trapped animal, Williams exclaimed, "DiNozzo's father!"

"What about him?"

"Putting the Detective into the general slave Pens, that was his doing. I wouldn't do that to my worst enemy, not even a cop who was going to expose me. He was behind the whole thing and kept the kid there, made sure the other cops couldn't get him transferred! And if he's capable of doing that to his own sonÖ"

Then he's capable of anything, Jethro finished silently. He eyed Williams for a long moment, then stated, "Before I let you off the hook and give you a blade to end your pathetic life, you will write down every supplier and lab location of the new and improved X. If I'm not happy with the list you come up with, you're going to prison, even if I have to jump venues and put you in Leavenworth."

Williams paled further and nodded pathetically, "Thank you, Gunny, thank you!"

"Don't thank me, it sickens me," Jethro snapped, turning and heading for the sentries posted on the door. Quietly, he ordered, "Make sure that he writes that list and doesn't kill himself. I haveÖplansÖfor justice to be served before that happens. Bring him to NCIS when he's done here."

Knowing smirks briefly surfaced on the soldiers' faces at his words. The righteous fury of a Gunny was something to be feared, if you were on the wrong side of it. As soldiers, the ëeye for an eye' code of justice suited the men who served under him, despite it being a Christian doctrine. It assured them that their commander was strong and worthy of respect. Jethro left the study on their salutes.

Internally his rage beat a furious tempo to escape, to find the senior DiNozzo and beat him into a pulp, and then put him through worse than what Tony had gone through. He forced back his wrath, needing a clear head to figure out what he could do to the other man, if anything. Technically, the only crime Tony's father had committed was bribing the Pen keepers, which was nothing for someone like him to beat. Barely a fining offense, really, and there certainly would be no justice for Tony in that.

No, he was going to have to take his time and think this through. He needed to discover the motivation for the elder DiNozzo's actions, why he'd first abandoned his son and then cast him into a living hell. Not to mention making sure he didn't have any further plans for his son now that his old ones were thwarted. In the meantime, he wasn't going to breathe a word of this to Tony, knowing it would only demoralize him further.

Jethro already had his work cut out for him to help the young man recover from what had been done to him, he sure as hell wasn't going to add to it.

* * * *

Tony woke comfortable and at ease, still wrapped snugly in his Master's bed, smelling him all around, which was probably why there'd been no nightmares. Even asleep, he'd felt he older man's presence. Sighing in deep contentment, he grinned happily through a yawn and tugged the blankets out of place, his body's needs making themselves known. Moving around proved to be easier than it had before, his ribs not protesting the motions quite as violently, and he emptied his bladder with relief.

Splashing water on his face, Tony took a long look at himself in the mirror and saw the ugly bruises and cuts still vivid on his face. They didn't really matter, though, because the scars would fade, if not leave completely, and show his worth of being slave to a Gunny. People would look at him months and years down the road and know that the strength he had was a tribute to his Master, and that pleased him.

"Right, you lucky bastard you, let's get a move on," Tony ordered himself, making a face at his reflection.

He knew that Ducky was out in the other part of the house and figured that now was as good a time as any to put in an appearance. He opened the drawer where he'd seen Gibbs pull out boxers and took a pair for himself, humming happily as he did so and then pulled the robe on again.

Limping slowly out of the bedroom, he walked down the hall to the living room where he found Ducky reading a thick book. "Hey."

Ducky looked up at him and smiled, honest welcome in his expression. "Good evening, Anthony, how are you? I must say, you look much better for the last day's rest."

With a nod, Tony lowered himself onto the sofa and agreed, "Feeling a lot better, too, not so much like Death warmed over."

"Always a good thing," Ducky allowed, his gaze merry. "I trust there were no adverse reactions to the medications?"

"None, thanks," Tony assured him.

Ducky nodded, satisfied, and said, "Good, good. You'll want to see your own doctor once this mess is cleared up so he can make sure that you're healing properly."

Which was the perfect opening and Tony decided to take the bull by the horns with, "I will, just as soon as Gibbs has a chance to go with me."

Instantly, worry clouded the older man's gaze, though he didn't respond immediately. Finally, he said, "I do realize that this is none of my business, but I believe that you're making a mistake, Anthony. What you've just gone through wouldÖtraumatizeÖanyone, and it's only natural that you feel gratitude and a deeper sense of security around Jethro. But to sign away the rest of your life to him in return is just, it's wrong!"

"It's not ënone of your business,' since the Gunny said you're close friends," Tony began, hoping to remind the other of that. "But you don't have all the info, either. Before all this happened, I wasÖlost, I guess you could say. My bed partners, men and women, have always been military because their strength and theirÖforce of will, I guess, was more than a match for my own.

"See, I can be pretty careless with myself, not looking before I leap, and taking chances all over the place. It's always driven my partner a little crazy, but there wasn't anything she could do about it, not really. And it wasn't something that I could seem to control. I need limits, I know I do, but I never found anyone who could really give them to me. And now, the GunnyÖhe can and will do whatever it takes to keep me safe, even from myself, and I want that. I want him, and I love him, even though we barely know each other. It's kind of love at first sight, as the saying goes. Never thought it would happen to me, to be honest, but it did. And I want to belong to him, to give him everything of me, not that I think he'd accept anything less," Tony finished wryly.

Ducky sighed heavily, though the worry abated some. "I'm an abolitionist, Anthony, and I believe that slavery in any form is an abomination. I can't pretend to like what you're about to do, not by any stretch, but it's your life and as long as you understand the consequences of your actions, then the choice is, of course, yours to make. I just don't want you to wake up five or even ten years from now and realize that it was a horrible mistake and you want your freedom back. Once Jethro has hold of something he wants, he does not let go."

Smiling, Tony assured him, "I don't know anything about the future except that there will never be a day that I don't want the Gunny as my Master and my lover."

"Well then, I suppose I'd just better get used to the fact," Ducky replied, half-smiling in return. "Now then. I do believe that it's time for your next set of medication and something to eat."

Relieved that he might have made things easier between the two friends, Tony nodded agreeably and said, "Sounds like a plan to me."

* * * *

It wasn't until late the following night that Jethro was able to finally leave NCIS. He'd been in contact with Tony via phone, of course, but that wasn't nearly as satisfying. Ducky and Kate had taken turns keeping an eye on Tony while he was busy sorting out the mess that came from jumping jurisdiction and taking a Senator into custody for arrest.

He worked with the Feds, bypassing the locals altogether, still not trusting the system in place to get the job done. He put the problem of what to do to/with Tony's father on the back burner, to give it the amount of planning and investigation that it deserved. Once he was certain that the judge at Tony's trial had been taken down, and that Williams had suffered an eye for an eye by being given to the Barracks overnight, he breathed a sigh of relaxation and stepped back.

Overseeing Williams' suicide was almost pleasant, seeing the battered and haunted man reach eagerly for the knife that would end his misery and pain. Jethro was tempted to torment him by having him resuscitated, but that would have been unworthy of him.

That taken care of, Jethro worked with the Feds on the information that Williams had provided before his death. When it became apparent that they were ready to run with it, without him, he gracefully withdrew from the planning, happy to be unincluded. When there was finally no more paperwork and he was free, Jethro stopped at a few jewelers on the way home.

It took some searching, but eventually he landed on the perfect Chain; a plain, blunt, white-gold chain with diamond studs set at evenly placed intervals. It would sit handsomely around Tony's neck, enhanced and surrounded by tanned skin. Pleased with his purchase, Jethro waited impatiently for GUNNY'S SLAVE to be engraved on the links. Taking the Chain in its gray velvet box, Jethro headed for home, desperate to have it around Tony's neck and then to take him with it in place.

* * * *

Tony took one look at the Gunny's face when the other man finally got home and nearly melted where he sat. The intensity in those blue eyes was near to overwhelming and his breathing increased just at the sight.

"I am so out of here," Kate announced, standing with a smirk. "See ya, Tony. Have fun, Gibbs."

He didn't even really notice her leaving, he just stood from the sofa and put a hand out to his Master.

Gibbs strode across the living room and ordered harshly, "Turn around."

Shuddering with need, Tony did as ordered and then the Gunny reached in front of him from behind and cold metal touched his skin. As it clicked into place and he felt the heavy links around his throat, he sighed, "Oh, oh damn, Gunny, thank you!"

Teeth bit sharply at his ear and Gibbs hissed, "Mine, Tony, mine forever."

Tony whimpered and leaned back against the other man, weak with need for him.

Strong arms wound about his waist and a hand gripped his cock, twisting almost painfully around him. Biting his ear again, Gibbs demanded, "Where's your lotion?"

The words took a few seconds to penetrate, then Tony replied, "B-bathroom, exactly where you left it."

"Do not move."

Tony took his own weight back, but didn't otherwise move a muscle when Gibbs jogged down the hall to the master bathroom.

It was less than a minute later that he returned, tube in hand. Moving up behind Tony, he commanded softly, "Hold onto the couch."

Licking at dry lips, Tony did so, holding onto the soft leather as he bent forward. Gibbs was still right behind him and yanked down the sweats he'd commandeered from Gibbs' laundry basket. Running possessive hands over his backside, the Gunny pushed the ointment inside again, but there was nothing impersonal to this application. It wouldn't, technically, be a true Claiming, as that occurred without any lubrication, but it would do until he was healed enough to be taken like that.

Something that he was craving.

As it was, the slow, careful pace Gibbs used fast drove Tony out of his mind. He was hard and begging within minutes, but the Gunny didn't quicken one bit. He continued to stretch and lubricate Tony's hole with tormenting tenderness. When, at last, the large cock pushed inside him, he was shaking with the need to be taken. This was just as agonizingly slow and careful, though, and Tony's knees nearly buckled before Gibbs was all the way inside him.

Instead of the wild, forceful Claiming he'd envisioned, this was meticulous and thorough; exactly how Gunny himself was, really. It was much more devastating than anything Tony had ever before experienced. In and out, reaming him gently and making him beg for more, Gibbs possessed him. Tony's already wrecked voice cracked and faded out completely before his Master was done with him.

The Gunny pressed one last time inside him, grinding within as deep as he could and covering Tony completely with arms around waist and chest. Hot seed filled him to overflowing as his Master bit his shoulder, stifling a long, low moan. Moaning and desperate, Tony sobbed for release, hanging onto his sanity and control by a sliver of a thread, fingers white-knuckled on the edge of the sofa.

Then the blessed words were whispered directly into his earÖ "Come, my precious own, come for me."

Tony jerked and twisted in the strong arms holding him tight, orgasm exploding from deep within and taking his consciousness with it.

* * * *

Jethro grunted in surprise when Tony sagged completely in his arms after coming. Snorting in dark amusement, he muttered, "Mental note, no fucking standing up until we've taken the edge off."

After carefully withdrawing from Tony's body, he manhandled the younger man onto the sofa, face down. He checked for any sign of blood and renewed damage, but found none, to his relief. Turning Tony onto his side, Jethro pulled up his pants and settled behind him, again supporting the battered body with his own. He'd just gotten settled when Tony stirred. Nuzzling the back of his slave's neck, Jethro murmured, "Welcome back."

"Oh Gods, I passed out?" Tony groaned, craning his neck around.

Jethro nodded confirmation and said smugly, "You certainly did. Is that something I should know about all of our future encounters?"

The flush deepened, looking very nice on Tony's features, and the younger man shook his head, squirming around so they were face-to-face. A shy look surfaced as Tony met his eyes and admitted, "Never happened before."

Arching an eyebrow at him, Jethro repeated, "Never?"

"Nope."

This time, there was definitely a smirk. "Good to know. How do you feel?"

Tony took a few seconds to think about it, then answered, "Not any worse. Better, actually, because all I feel now, is you, how you were inside me."

Wrapping his arms around Tony, Jethro held him tight and said, "I'm going to be inside you a lot, once you're healed, but for now we have to space it out. I probably shouldn't have risked it, but I needed to Claim you when I put that Chain on you."

"Are you going to solder it?"

"If you want me to."

"Oh yes, please, Master," Tony breathed, closing his eyes as he snuggled in close.

Running a possessive hand down Tony's bare back and flank, Jethro momentarily displaced them to grab the blanket and pull it around them. Once they were resettled, he rested his chin on the top of Tony's head, the other man curled up almost beneath him, their legs tangled and arms wrapped around each other. Tony was asleep in short order, faint snores tickling Jethro's chest hair, and he smiled in contentment never before felt.

It had been less than a week since he'd first seen the other in the Courthouse, but already his life was impossible to picture without him. He would do everything in his considerable power to make sure that Tony was safe and remained his, and if that meant killing the man who'd brought Tony into this world, then so be it.

Chapter End Notes:
Romanology is an AU fic of NCIS that takes place in a world where the Roman Empire never fell. It is a potential squick story as it contains the following: slave!fic, D/s, violence, blood-play, rough m/m sex, non-con, and mentions of castration with the potential for actual castration in the future. If any of the above squicks you, DO NOT go any further! Don't say I didn't warn you in some flaming email, either, because I did! So there!