- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Ziva gives birth to a healthy baby girl.
The nurse set up Ziva in a room where she'd have to wait untill she was fully dialated.
Ziva was squeezing Tony's hand extremely forcefully as each contracion came and went and Tony was right there beside her the whole time.

"Alright Ms David, your almost fully dialated, we'll wheel you into the delivery suite"

Ziva squezed Tony's hand again as she got another contraction.

1 hr later

"Ok Ziva, one more push should do it" the Dr said, Ziva squezed Tony's hand as she gave on hard push. Then Her and Tony heard the piercing cry of their newborn daughter. Ziva leant back exhausted.
"Would you like to cut the umbilical cord Mr Dinozzo?"
"sure"

"Here you are" said Dr Harley handing Tony a bundle of white sheets, he pulled the blanket away and saw a small pink face staring back at him, it was the happiest moment of his life.
"Tony? can i hold her?" Ziva asked
"of course" said Tony placing their bundle of joy into Ziva's welcoming arms. Ziva kissed her daughter on the forehead.
"i love you" she whispered and brought her daughter close to her chest rocking her gently.
"Have you got a name yet?" the nurse asked. Tony looked at Ziva, then back to the nurse.
"Tali"
'does she have a middle name?"
"what do you think Ziva?"
"i Was thinking May, Tali May Dinozzo-David"
"Sounds perfect"

Later that Day.

The nurse had come in to help Ziva give Tali a feed, and Dinozzo was on the phone to NCIS.
"Hey Gibbs"
"Hey DInozzo, how are they"
"MOther and baby doing just fine"
"good to hear, when will you be back?"
"i think i'll take then next week off"
"ok, Abby wants to know when she can come to visit"
"ANytime she likes" Said Tony, hearing abby squelling in the background "I gotta go but i'm guessing i'll see abby soon"
"you'll be seeing all of us very shortly"
"see ya boss"
"bye"

"They're coming to visit" Announced Dinozzo going over and sitting next to Ziva on the bed
"Ziva, she's soo adorable"
"i know, i'm glad"
"why, wel i mean you wouldn't want an ugly baby but.."
"I was afraid she would be all wrinkly and ugly like some baby's are" Ziva said "When i was a child, i went to visit my aunty in hospital after my cousin was born and she was so awful looking, i had to lie through my teeth telling my aunty how beautiful she was"
""I wasn't worried about that" Tony replied "Any child of ours would be good lookin"
"But she's so perfect Tony, i can't believe she's ours" SAid Ziva fondly, rocking little Tali to and fro.
"May I?" Tony said reaching for Tali
"of course" said Ziva resting Tali iin his arms
"i never thought i'd be able to even hold a baby but as soon as she was in my arms it just came naturally"
"i know, wheneer i hold her just feel as though i know exactly what she needs"


"can we come in?" asked a high pitch voice from the doorway
"COme in Abbs said Tony handing Tali back to Ziva and walking over to greet their guests. Gibbs, Ducky, McGee, Abby, Palmer and Lee. All burden with gifts. Abby spotted Tali, straight away and ran over to her.
"would you like to hold her Abbs?" Ziva asked smiling
"would i ever!, whats she called?"
"Tali" said Ziva handing her bundle of Joy over to her best friend
"oh my god, she is soo beautiful!, and I'm not just saying that!"Abby squealed.

"She has your eyes, DInozzo" said Gibbs looking over Abby's shoulder into the big hazel eyes beneath the blanket.
"But i think she has Ziva's face" McGee commented "luckily"
"i heard that probie!" Dinozzo said

Abby handed Tali to Ducky who commented on her looking very healthy, then Ducky passed her to Palmer, who passed her to Lee who passed her to Gibbs who attempted to pass her to McGee.
"Come on McGee" Gibbs said trying to give her to him
"No its ok, i'm not really a baby person"
"Come on McGee" DInozzo encouraged "if i can do it, i'm sure you can"
"Ok" McGee finally agreed scooping up Tali, he was a natural.
"see probie, its not as hard as it looks" Dinozzo commented. Then eagerly took him back from McGee.

"oh i almost forgot" Abby said "i brought your bag"
"thanks" said Ziva taking it from her "can i have Tali back now?"
"coming from the woman who thought she'd suck at being a mum" Tony said proudly "she never takes her eyes off her"
"so when are you being released"
"In 2 days" Said Ziva
"When will you be back at work?" Gibbs asked
"i dunno, at first i only wanted to take like 1 month off, i thought i would be soo eager to get back to work, but now i'm not"
"well see how you go, you could start off doing desk work, then you could bring Tali in with you" Gibbs suggested
"yeah thats sounds good"
"congratualtions you guys" Gibbs said
"thanks"
Chapter End Notes:
one of my favourite chapters.