- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sarai has run away from love, but quickly discovers that she can't escape from it, no matter how many mile she puts between herself and the agent who turned her world upside down. Her family in America was shattered long ago, but old friends in Israel are ready to welcome her back if she can only keep from pushing them away. But a call from a teammate forces her to choose between her loyalty to her family and her loyalty to Gibbs, and she realizes that there are some things more important than control.
(Note: If they live or have lived in Israel, they’re speaking in Hebrew!)

“Ziva Davíd.” Sarai smiled, black hair falling around her face in think waves as she stepped through security in Tel Aviv. She opened her arms and the nineteen year old flew into them. “You’re all grown up, Mija!” she exclaimed, hugging her sister tightly. “Jesus, girl, how do your parents feel about that outfit?” she plucked at Ziva’s sheer top and the girl grinned.
“They can complain all they want, but it’s my life now!” cried Ziva happily. “You’re lucky to be twenty one, at least your legal everywhere.”
Sarai snorted derisively. “Way to remind me how young I am, Ziv. Do you have any idea how hard I’ve been working to forget that number?”
Ziva’s eyes widened with delight. “Lela’s in love!” she sang teasingly. “With an older man by the sound of it.”
“Oh, shut it.” Replied Sarai, but there was a softness in her eyes as she looked at her younger sister. “Come on, let’s go get Tali. I’ve a mind to take you girls out before we start working.”



Sarai jerked awake, gasping for breath, and was only a little surprised to find herself lying on Ziva’s couch. She buried her head in her lap, muffling her quiet tears. What had she done? Gibbs would be back in DC by now, and likely he’d already moved on to the next woman. It had been her choice, after all, he’d asked her to stay, and she’d chosen to run instead. For the second time, she found herself stuck with the taste of a man she couldn’t bear to remember, determined to rid herself of it.
“Areille?” asked Ziva sleepily. “You alright?” Sarai wiped her eyes hastily and glanced up at her younger sister. Ziva saw the red eyes and sat down next to the older girl. “You thinking about that mystery lover again?”
“No.” she lied, shaking her head. “That woman’s face. I don’t usually look Ziv, but this one, she was scared to die, but she was even more afraid to live. It was sick.”
“That’s the life we live, Lela.” Sighed Ziva. “As spies. Is there any other way, really?”
“Of course there is!” exclaimed Sarai, horrified. “Ziva, this is not the way the world lives! Believe it or not, there is a world out there where children are not afraid to leave their houses, where people are not suspicious of everyone around them, where war isn’t the only thing the people know.”
“Well it’s not here, Areille, and we’re here, so that doesn’t really matter.” Said Ziva carelessly. “What matters is that we fight to make Israel like that. Safe. It’s our duty, and we’re good at it. You ready to come in? Not everyone knew you back then, and most of us didn’t even know you were working for Mossad, so you might get a little hassle from the older operatives. Just ignore them, we all know you’re the best one for the job.”
“Thanks for the confidence Mija.” Murmured Sarai, getting up and stretching carefully. “Ready as ever I suppose. You?”
“Five more minutes.” She replied and disappeared. Within the named time, she was back and ready to head out. “It’s good to have you back Lela.” She said gently. “But it isn’t worth love.” Sarai stared after her younger sister in shock as she walked away, her good advice hanging heavy in the air.



“Who’s your new friend Ziva?” Asked a man, glancing curiously at Sarai.
“Sol, this is Areille Mizrahi. Areille, Solomon Casir.” Introduced Ziva.
Solomon looked her over appreciatively. “Now I see how you got the job.” He said thoughtfully.
Sarai’s temper flared, and Ziva winced when her friend’s expression iced over. “I do not take well to disrespect.” She said frostily, her voice level and controlled. “And I’ll thank you not to speak carelessly.”
“Ice must be back.” Came a familiar voice from behind them. “I think the building just got ten degrees colder. Welcome back Lela.” Michael kissed her cheek innocently.
“Jesus, the peanut gallery’s here.” Muttered Solomon. “This place is going to go to the dogs.” This time, both Michael and Ziva flinched and Sarai’s patience ran out.
Before anyone could blink, she’d slammed him into the wall, arms pinned behind his back so that he couldn’t move. “I did warn you.” She told him silkily. “I will not tolerate disrespect. You’d do well to learn that, Officer Casir.”
“Or what?” he spat, furious and embarrassed. Half of the people in the building were already watching, awed by the dark beauty who had caught the spotlight.
“Or you’ll find yourself in a hospital bed.” Replied Michael from a short distance away. “By the way, technically, THAT’S how she got the job. She’s sort of been like this all her life.”
Sarai caught sight of Eli Davíd through the crowd of people, a resigned look on his face, and she released Solomon abruptly. “Have a nice day.” She said icily, and strode toward her father.
He sighed in annoyance as the crowd seemed to part in front of her. “Did you really have to start already?” he asked, leading her into his office.
“It makes an impression.” She retorted as the door closed behind her. “And I am not really in the mood to deal with the attitude right now.”
“You’re as bad as your mother sometimes, you know that?” laughed Eli. “You look just like her when you’re angry, too.”
“I’ll behave Papí.” She promised quietly. “Just give me my orders.”
“I don’t want you to behave and follow orders, Sarai, I could have hired any one of my operatives for that. I want you to run things your way and argue with everything and obey orders because you think they’re for the best, not because I wrote them. You’re the only operative I have who has the bravery to do any of that, let alone the brains to do it right. I’m giving you the Kidon unit. Impress me.”
Sarai stared at him. “You must be joking.”
He shook his head. “I assure you I’m not. You’re mother thinks it might be a good change for you as well as a help to Mossad. I mean every word I said.”
“In that case,” She shook her hair back, eyes blazing. “I have an example to make.” She turned and strode out of the room.
“Damn it.” Sighed Eli grimly. “I knew I should have had Vana talk to her.”



A sharp whistle rang through the halls of Kidon headquarters, and everyone turned to look at Sarai where she stood in front of the gym. A shocked whisper rippled through the crowd, but no one spoke aloud. “I don’t suppose many of you remember me.” She said, her voice soft, yet carrying through to everyone. “Those who do, I don’t expect any problems. Those who don’t, I think we need to have a little chat. Who remembers Areille Mizrahi?”
A few people shifted uncomfortably, but more raised their hands. One woman smiled at her kindly. “You’ve been gone a while, Areille, but I don’t think any of the people who worked here back then could forget you.”
“Toda.” She replied gratefully. “Alright, anyone who doesn’t remember me, please stay, the rest of you, thank you for your time, you may go.” About a third of the group left with the dismissal, but Ziva, Tahlia, and Michael lingered by the crowd, grinning wickedly. “One question for you. Does anyone have a problem taking orders from me?” No one answered, not that she’d expected them to when she phrased it that way. “Good. Next question. Anyone think they can take me?” Michael’s jaw dropped, and Tahlia slapped a hand across her mouth to stifle her laughter. A few people came forward, all men, most of them in their thirties, and all of them glancing her over with mingled appreciation and amusement. She smiled at them sweetly. “Why don’t you gentlemen decide amongst yourselves who’s the best fighter. Who gets to take the bitch down a notch or two.” Disbelief showed in everyone’s faces, both at the opportunity and at Sarai’s choice of words. She waited while the men came to a decision, then gestured for everyone to join her in the gym. She swung herself into the ring and pinned her waist-length hair up in a ponytail, smiling. This was the rush she’d missed. It felt almost as good as....She cut the thought off quickly. She would forget about him and replace him a thousand times with other men and with her job. “Get up here.” She told the man who’d been chosen. “I’ll give you three rounds. You win two or more, you’ve got immunity for any problems you may have with me for the rest of your career here.”
“And if I win one or less?” asked the man warily.
She glanced him over. He was in his late-twenties and handsome, dark but with a hint of the American surfer-boy in the way his hair fell loosely around his face. He had potential as an operative, and obviously he was a good fighter or they wouldn’t have chosen him. She shrugged carelessly. “Then you leave this room no better or worse off than you were before. What’s your name?”
“Malachi BenGidon.” He answered respectfully.
“How long have you been working here Officer BenGidon?”
“Two years.”
She raised an eyebrow. “They voted a Probie up to fight me? How does that prove anyone’s point?”
“There are only two people in this office who can beat me.” He said proudly. “Officer Tahlia Davíd and Officer Michael Tehran.”
Sarai shook her head in amusement. “Alright then. Can anyone in this office beat Davíd or Tehran?”
“You.” Said Michael easily, crossing his arms over his chest. “But I don’t feel like getting beaten today, thank you.”
“Well, I guess it’s settled then.” Sarai pulled her sweater over her head, leaving her in her tank-top and jeans. “Ready Officer BenGidon?”
“As ever, Officer Mizrahi.”
Fifteen minutes later, Malachi landed on the ground for the third time, Sarai pinning him into the ground easily. She got up and held out her hand to him. He grabbed it and pulled himself to his feet, then shook it. “Impressive.” He huffed, out of breath.
She smiled and unpinned her hair, turning to the crowd that had gone silent after the beginning of the third round. “Let me make one thing damn clear to you all.” She began. “I’m not interested in any personal problems you may have with me, if I give an order, I expect it to be followed. If you think I’ve made the wrong choice, tell me so. I don’t want anyone keeping their doubts to themselves because they’re worried I won’t like their opinion, that kind of disrespect from a boss is what leads to dead operatives and botched missions. But if you want to pick a fight with me because I’m a woman, or because I’m younger than you, or because you just don’t like taking orders from me, take some advice. Don’t.” she slid out of the ring and walked away, leaving everyone dumbfounded behind her.



Washington DC.

Abby Sciuto, the new forensic scientist at NCIS, was feeling incredibly weird with Gibbs standing directly behind her as she worked. “A watched fingerprint never matches, Gibbs.” She said nervously. “Can’t you go? I’ll call you with the answer when I get it.”
“No, I can’t go. I need this print now, Abby.” Retorted Gibbs, frustrated. “How long is this going to take?”
“There are millions of fingerprints in these systems, it could easily take twenty-four hours to find a match on one of them. At least you got a really good one. So what is she, some kind of black widow? And what language is....”
“Hebrew.” He growled. “Means secret. Which is what this print is, understand?”
“Bad date?” asked Abby sympathetically.
He sighed, rubbing his temples exhaustedly. “Yeah, something like that. Please Abby, I need this to stay just between you and me.”
Abby was touched by his helplessness. He’d never once in the last two years said please. “Of course. I think this is the beginning of a beautiful....” Her computer set off a frenzied beeping and she opened the search screen. “Uh oh.”
“Uh oh, what uh oh?” he demanded. “I don’t like the sound of uh oh.”
“Your runaway date’s fingerprint brought up a cold case file Gibbs.” She grimaced.
“One of ours?” he asked quietly.
“Yeah, but I can’t open it.” Said Abby apologetically. “It’s an open intelligence operation and it’s been classified so high a conspiracy theorist would have a fit.”
“Damn.” Muttered Gibbs.
“Guess this means you’ve got to arrest her.”
“Like I could.” He laughed, amused. “No, it just means I have to go old school to find her. Thanks Abbs.” He turned and walked away.
“Good luck Gibbs.”



Tel Aviv, Israel. Two months later

“Ice!” called Michael. He jogged over, catching up to her quickly. “Hey, what’s up? You shot out of there like you were on fire.”
Sarai glanced at him, a little dazed by the truth that had struck her a few minutes earlier. “I’m just not feeling so great.” She replied dismissively. “I’ll be fine. Why do you call me that?”
“Call you what?”
“Ice. I never figured that out.”
“Because you’re an ice queen.” He laughed, amused. “You’ve got just about every man in this building off their game, even some of the married ones, and you don’t even notice. When was the last time you looked up and counted the number of men and women who catch fire when you walk by? And when was the last time one of them made you catch fire?”
Unbidden, the memory of her last night with Gibbs flashed through her mind and she shivered lightly. “Fair enough.” She replied softly, shaking herself out of the longing that had washed over her.
He raised an eyebrow at her, catching sight of the momentary flash of desire. “Lady Ice found someone to melt her.” He observed. “What, exactly, were you doing before you came back?”
“Tactical on special ops in Russia.” She answered, smiling wickedly. “It’s cold at night. That doesn’t mean I’m melting.”
“Sure.” Laughed Michael. “Whatever. Hey, if you’re not feeling well, you should go home. We’re not totally helpless without you.”
“And give you all a chance to plan your rebellion?” she teased. “I’ll be fine. Come on, I booked the range for us in ten minutes.”



Sarai leaned back in the couch cushions that night, looking at the test in her hand thoughtfully. A gentle smile flitted across her lips as she dropped it into the trash beside the couch. “Only you, Jethro.” She murmured to herself. “Only you.”



Washington DC, a month and a half later.

Gibbs sat on the floor of his basement with his back against the boat frame, gazing at the necklace Sarai had left him, as he often did these days. He’d exhausted every resource he had, short of asking Jen, and while he wasn’t ready to give up, he certainly had little confidence left. He was even beginning to question the sincerity with which she’d said she loved him. It was her job to be a ghost, after all, why would she throw that away for sex with a Navy cop in the first place? Maybe she’d just used the affair to throw him off, make her escape, and even have some leverage on him for later. If only he could get into that damned case file, maybe he could find something, but it was beyond hacking, he’d checked. Maybe it was just time to give up and move on, after all, she’d been right before when she said it just wasn’t possible. He hadn’t managed to find a way yet, and obviously she hadn’t either.
Then a thought struck him. She was a fighter and she’d gone back to Israel, for all he knew, she might be dead. No. He couldn’t imagine a world that kill his former lover, she was simply too alive to die. It made no sense, even in his own thoughts, but it was true.
His phone buzzed in his pocket and he pulled it out with a sigh. “Gibbs.” He answered.
“I’m so sorry Jethro.” Came her hoarse whisper across the line. “God, I’m so sorry.”
His head shot up at the sound of her voice. “Razi, where are you?
“A cemetery.” She replied softly. “I’m so sorry.”
“Did you kill another dealer or something?” he laughed. “What are you sorry about baby girl?”
“I’m sorry I left.” The pain in her voice cut through him and he wished more than ever that he knew where she was. “But I did, and you need to forget about me now.”
“You know I can’t do that.” He told her quietly. “We’ve already been through this. Why don’t you just tell me where you are and I’ll come get you.”
“I’m in hell Jethro, and I won’t let you join me here.” He could hear her uneven breathing that meant tears and grimaced, leaning back against the wooden skeleton of his boat.
“Then come to me.” He tempted. “Don’t stay there.”
She was silent for a moment, then, “I can’t go back to Virginia.” She replied resignedly.
“Because of that murder case?” he asked bitterly. “You killed a sailor, didn’t you?”
She gasped in shock. “No! I promise you, I have never killed a marine or a sailor, why would you think that?”
“Because your fingerprint brought up a cold case file.” He sighed, rubbing the back of his head. “It’s classified why beyond my payroll, but I do know it involves a victim in my jurisdiction. It’s from…’92 I think.”
“I know it.” She murmured sadly. “But it’s not one of mine, I promise you. That’s Jasper’s case.”
“He killed my sailor?”
“No, he is your sailor. Jenny’s father. I would not kill my best friend’s father. But I was staying with them at the time, so I guess my prints must have gotten onto something of his at the crime-scene.”
“Okay baby, I believe you.” He said quietly. “But I need you to come home. Please.”
“Don’t make this harder.” She pleaded. “You have to stop looking for me, it’s dangerous.”
“Please don’t say goodbye Raz.” He asked, only the slightest tang of an order in his words.
“I…I have to.” She protested, sounding dazed and confused as she tried to disobey.
“Don’t hang up baby girl.” He repeated, the authority in his voice was stronger now. “I miss you, don’t go.” He could imagine her face, clouded with struggle as she fought the need to stay on the line.
“Goodbye Jethro.” She whimpered. The phone went dead and he closed his eyes, the cell tumbling out of his hand. His head fell forward, hands clasped behind it, and he had to take several deep breaths before he could look back up.



Sarai collapsed to her knees in the dirt, her cry of pain turning into full bodied sobs as she hugged herself tightly. Jagged images flashed through her mind, fragments of the last forty-eight hours. A shattered dish on the floor when the cramping started, the expression on the nurses’ faces as her body tore itself apart rejecting her baby, and the sympathetic face of the doctor who had delivered the news. She drew a shuddering breath, reading the gravestone in front of her through a blur of tears.
Jacob C. Tehran. June 16th, 1940 through August 2nd, 1994.
“Why?” she whispered to it, barely registering the rain that had begun to plaster her hair to her face. “Why did you do this to me Jacob?” Her whole body was wracked by sobs and her fingernails were digging into her skin where she clutched her arms around herself. She was numb to the world around her, the icy wind that whipped her hair around her face, the sting of the rain drops on her skin, all of it faded away in the face of her broken heart.
“Areille?” Michael’s voice sounded a thousand miles away. “Jesus Ice, what the hell are you doing here?” he knelt on the ground beside her, draping his coat over her shoulders and pulling her close. “You shouldn’t come here alone.” He told her gently, resting his chin on the top of her head.
“Did they ever find out why?” she asked, eyes locked on the tombstone.
“No Ice,” he sighed, hugging her and casting a furious glance at his father’s final resting place. “They never found out why he did it. Have you been here this whole time?”
“Yes.” She turned her gaze away from the stone, burying her face in his shirt instead. “He took my children from me, I just want to know why.”
“Oh God, not again Areille.” He said, dismayed. “One of your Russian lovers knocked you up?”
“He’s not Russian.” She whispered miserably. “American. Alira would’ve been a pretty girl if she looked anything like her father.”
“A beautiful name for a beautiful child.” Agreed Michael gently. “Have you been to see Jasmin?”
She nodded hesitantly. “I went there first. I wouldn’t have come here at all except....” She couldn’t finish and he sighed, petting her dark hair.
“Did they say you were done Ice?” he asked softly.
“More than a miracle.” She agreed miserably. “Do you think he regrets it?”
He was silent for a moment. “I don’t know what my father would think, not anymore. But whether he regretted what he did or not, I won’t ever forgive him. Let me take you home Areille, you shouldn’t stay here.” Sarai let him help her up and lead her out to his car, lost in her grief. Before she knew it, they were back at her apartment and he’d half-carried her to her bedroom. She curled up on the blankets and closed her eyes, shutting out the world. She could feel Michael sitting on the edge of the bed next to her but she didn’t move. “I’ll call the Director and tell him I found you. You’ve had us all really worried. Do you want me to stay for a while, or....” She was shaking her head silently, so he got up and left. “Don’t leave us Ice.” He warned, pausing at the doorway just long enough to say it before he was gone.



“She’s practically catatonic, Director.” Said Michael quietly, leaning back tiredly in the chair across from Eli. “She got pregnant again, and apparently they told her she was done.”
“Pregnant? Since she came back?” asked Eli incredulously.
Michael shrugged. “She didn’t say.” He lied. If his friend hadn’t told the Director anything, he certainly wouldn’t. “I don’t think she should be alone, sir, I think someone needs to be with her, maybe Ivanna or Ziva or Tahlia.”
Eli sighed, glancing at his operative. “If I know that girl at all, she’ll be back at work tomorrow like nothing happened.” He told the younger man. “I don’t like it, but she’s always been that way, and she would be furious if anyone else saw her this way. For now, there’s nothing we can do.”



“Where were you Lela?” demanded Tahlia, hugging the older woman tightly.
“I just caught a bug.” Shrugged Sarai carelessly. “I’m fine Tali.” Tahlia let go and they walked together, chatting easily. The only sign of what had happened to Sarai in the last two days was the flash of shame that Michael saw in her eyes when she looked at him, and it annoyed him that she felt ashamed to have needed help. He considered confronting her about it, but he couldn’t make himself do it.
One by one, the other Kidon operatives began to respect Sarai rather than resent her. She ran the unit with taut reigns and never hesitated to state her opinion of her own agents and her father’s ideas, but she also never shut anyone down for doing the same. She took assignments with her agents and put herself in harm’s way a thousand times to protect the people she worked with.
It was well known at Mossad that, while she often had dates/lovers, she wasn’t emotionally interested in any of them. She’d adopted most of Gibbs’s rules for herself, although she only taught a few of them to the other agents, and she quickly became a household name for anyone who worked with her. Most of the time, she was outgoing and friendly, but every now and then her mood would take a massive turn and the whole agency was reminded of why they respected the young woman.
She didn’t lose her temper often, but when she did everyone was scared of her, so when she stormed into Eli’s office one day, the two other men there left with quick, muttered goodbyes. Eli gazed up at his daughter calmly. “Do you have any idea how much you look like your mother right now?” he asked, setting aside some papers.
“What the hell is Ari thinking?” she demanded, ignoring the attempt to side-track her. “What he’s doing is risky enough without all this! What he just did was suicide for him and his assignment!”
“They don’t even know who he is.” Laughed Eli. “And they won’t either. He’s not done anything that bad.”
Sarai stared at him in shock. “Not that bad?” she repeated incredulously. “He held NCIS’s ME’s and one of their agents hostage! He shot the medical examiner’s assistant and the boy’s never going to be a doctor now. The hostages were all people that Special Agent Gibbs cared very much about. Ari is as good as dead!”
“I understand your concern, Sarai.” Sighed Eli. “But Agent Gibbs will not be a problem. If worst comes to worst, we can read him into Ari’s assignment.”
“You think that will stop him?” laughed Sarai. “You don’t know the man, Papí.”
“And you do?”
“He and Mamá worked together for eight years, I know enough.” She retorted. “Agent Gibbs will not give a damn about what good Ari may be doing if that idiot doesn’t tread lightly around his team. Unless you want a dead son, you’ll make it clear to Ari that he needs to find a way to make amends before Gibbs becomes too set on revenge. There’s not a damn thing even I could do to stop him after that.”
Eli frowned, thoughtfully. “Alright, I will consider this, but remember that there’s only so much choice he has.”
“Yes,” she agreed. “His choices are uncover himself just enough or die.” She turned and strode back out.



“Lela?”
Sarai was surprised to hear her sister’s voice so shaky over the phone. “Hey Ziv, what’s up?”
“How soon can you get to DC?” asked Ziva.
Sarai pursed her lips furiously. “I’m not supposed to involve myself in Ari, Mija, that’s why you have the job, the Director thinks I won’t give him a fair shot.”
“Yes, well, you shouldn’t.” replied Ziva. “He shot that woman, Special Agent Katelyn Todd, murdered her. At least, Agent Gibbs and everyone else here is convinced of it, and they’re saying that he’s trying to kill Agent Gibbs. I’m beginning to believe them. I need you to help me, Lela, because if they’re right, and he’s gone over to the other side, I’ll have to kill him, and I can’t do that! He’s my brother, Lela, you have to help me.”
Sarai’s eyes iced over and she fought to control her anger before she spoke again. “I’ll be there by morning Mija, don’t worry, but I need you to make me a promise right now.”
“Anything.”
“Once I get there, this assignment is mine, and you WILL do exactly what I say, alright?”
“Of course! Thank you so much Areille, I wasn’t sure what to do.” Said Ziva gratefully. “Shall I pick you up at the airport?”
“No. I’ll come to you. Don’t worry about anything Ziva, I’ll handle it.”



Ziva and Sarai stood on opposite sides of the doorframe at the top of the stairs, listening as Ari confessed to everything. It was amazing what people will say when they’re sure they’re on the winning side. Sarai could see tears in Ziva’s eyes and motioned for the girl to step back farther into the shadows. She’d already given Ziva instructions on how this was going to play out.
“If he dies, Ziv, you tell Agent Gibbs that you killed him, understand?” ordered Sarai, steel in her voice.
“Lela....”
“That’s an order, Officer Davíd.” Sarai cut her off. “Tell him you shot your own brother to save his life, those exact words. You’ll need his trust and support soon, and this is the best way to earn it. You will under no circumstances tell anyone that you’ve seen me, or spoken with me, clear?”
“Crystal.” Agreed Ziva sadly.
“Good, come on. We’d better get going.”
Gibbs’s voice snapped her back to the present. “It’ll be just as sweet watching you die.” Sarai aimed carefully and pulled the trigger. Ari had glanced up when Gibbs had spoken, and he’d caught sight of Sarai standing in the doorframe. A surprised smile lit up his face, and then he crumpled to the ground, dead. Ziva’s hands flew to her mouth, stunned. She felt a thrill of fear when she saw the icy look in her mentor’s eyes as Sarai gazed at Ari’s body. It was clear that the older woman had felt nothing, no remorse, no pain, no regret, at killing her agent, and as she handed the weapon to Ziva, walking away, Sarai knew that she couldn’t go back to her life in Israel. It wasn’t Ari’s death, she knew that Gibbs would take credit for it to protect Ziva, but to realize that she was numb to the act of killing horrified her. Somewhere in the back of her mind, she knew that she had ever meant to go back anyway, or else why would she have gone back to the cemetery to see Alira, Jasmin, Tahlia, and Jacob? But the decision had cemented itself in her brain now as she left her little sister in the care of her ex-lover. The only question now was; where would she go instead?
Ziva walked slowly down the stairs into the basement, half in shock. “He was your brother.” Observed Gibbs quietly, watching the young Mossad officer. This had been a confusing night for him, forced to trust a woman he was determined not to, and then thinking he’d seen a flash of those beautiful green eyes he missed so much when the figure had melted out of the shadows and shot Ari.
Ziva nodded, then burst into tears, more at the shock of seeing the woman, who had mentored and helped raised her, kill anyone with such cold dismissal than at her brother’s death. Gibbs sighed and hugged her awkwardly, crying women were the only thing that truly intimidated him., and promptly dismissed the idea that his ex-lover had been here.
Chapter End Notes:
This is where things start really changing, so if you try to skip from this point on, you will get lost very fast.