- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Uh-oh. This can't be good...
One day we were all sitting around, bored because we had nothing better to do, when suddenly Vicki jumped up out of nowhere and scared everyone.
"What was that for?" asked Ziva.
"Sorry, I just though of something that we should do." she said happily.
"What?" asked Tony, suspiciously.
"Don't worry, it has nothing to do with you. It has everything to do with Taylor." she said, looking at me.
I wasn't paying attention because I was listening to my iPod and eating a cupcake. So then I looked at everyone because they were staring at me and I said, "What's everybody looking at?"
"We're looking at you because appearantly Vicki has something to do that involves you." said my dad.
"Oh, okay then..." I said.
"Well, we are going to try to get you to say something that no one knows." she said with a sly smile.
"Yeah, like your going to get me to say something like that." I said knowing that they probably would get me to say something like that, then I started to worry that they'd find out that I liked Tony and it must've showed on my face because Tony walked up to my desk and said,
"Worried about something, Tay Tay?" Which is what only he calls me, well him and my uncle that's nowhere to be found. At first, everybody thought that I would be upset if he called me that because if anyone else did I would start crying, but with Tony, I'm fine for some reason.
"No, what would I be worried about?" I shot back. I knew that he was trying to get me to say something, which just made me even more worried. Well, everyone kept bothering me, except for my dad who was enjoying himself watching it.
I finally cracked under all the pressure and blurted out... "I'M IN LOVE WITH TONY OK??!!" Everyone just stared at me, then Tony asked if he could talk to me in private. So, I walked with Tony all the way to the vending machines.
"What was that all about?" he asked with a serious look on his face.
"It was me telling everyone something they didn't know."
"So you mean that no one knew, not even your mom, Vicki, or Ziva?"
"Yeah, so why is this bothering you so much?"
"Well, I don't know why you would expect me to like you back."
"Tony I never said-"
"Just let me talk, Taylor. We've been friends ever since you could really talk and if we went out it would be weird, and if we broke up that would ruin our friendship. And I really don't want that to happen."
"Fine then, if you don't want that to happen, well I don't know, but fine. But you know what? Ever since that day when we were trying to help that poor lady find her husband and you snapped at me and never said sorry, well my nerves with you have been on end and I think that this just snapped them. So if you agree, I don't think we should be friends anymore. Do you agree?"
"You know what? I do agree. So I don't want you to talk to me anymore, or e-mail me, text me, or call me."
"Tony, I didn't mean to take it that far."
"Well, if we aren't going to be friends anymore, then why communicate?" He said, then stalked off.
I stood there in shock and grabbed the Marine dog tags that I have around my neck. Since my dad was in the Marines, he gave me his dog tags, then David Rossi from the Behavorial Analysis Unit in the FBI gave me his because he was in the Marines with my dad and is a family friend. Then our other family friend, Seely Booth gave me his. Whenever I feel insecure, scared, or sad, I hold them.
Ziva and Vicki came running up and Ziva said, "What did Tony say? He came in walking back to his desk looking really mad."
"I told him that he finally snapped my nerves about him and I told him that we shouldn't be friends anymore. He agreed, but said that we need to cut off any kind of communication between us. I tried to protest, but he said since we weren't going to be friends anymore, there was no need to communicate." I explained, in tears.
Ziva and Vicki stood in shock.