- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Believe me, the consequences won't be good (especially for Taylor)
Soon after that, my dad found out and wanted to talk to Tony in the elevator. When they were talking, my dad explained to Tony that I really didn't mean what I said and that it was my natural instinct to say that (I once had a similar arguement like that with McGee).
Tony said he didn't care, then he turned the elevator on walked out and up to my dad's desk, and took out his gun, badge, and I.D. and turned it in. He turned to my mom who was sitting beside me with her arm around me, and said, "I'm officially resigning and going to Baltimore PD where one of my buddies work and will try to find a job there. If you need to find me I will probably be staying with my cousin in Fallston on Kings Arm Drive."
Everyone sat there with shocked looks on their faces. I burst into tears for two reasons 1st: Tony was leaving and I didn't want him to, and 2nd: My aunt, uncle, and two cousins live beside where Tony's going to live.
Tony walked over to his desk and got out a DVD looking thing, and another set of dog tags that he got when he was an agent afloat (that no one knows about... YET) and handed it to me. "This is something I made when I was an Agent Afloat. You can watch it anywhere at any time, with anybody. It tells you the truth that I'm to afraid to tell you."
"You can come back tomorrow and get your stuff, or take them today." said my mom. Abby, Ducky, and Palmer then walked out of the elevator.
"I got a text from Vicki saying that we should get up here quick. What's going on?" asked Abby.
"Tony quit, Abby." said McGee. I think he was sad too, even though he didn't want to show it.
"Why?" asked Ducky.
Josh then explained it to them.
"Wow," said Palmer, "I never expected him to leave so early."
"I didn't either." said Abby, quietly. She then ran at Tony and hugged him really hard.
"I'll miss you too, Abby." said Tony. "Can someone get me a box?" he asked.
"I'll get one." I said. I got up and quickly walked away. When I returned everyone was really quiet. "Here you go, DiNozzo." I said.
"Thanks, Gibbs." He said back. He collected up all his things in that one box then set it down to give everyone hugs. He even hugged McGee. He got to me last. We just kind of looked at each other.
"Good-bye Taylor Ariana Gibbs." he said.
"Good-bye Anthony Manning DiNozzo." I said back, with tears welling up in my eyes. He then did what no one expected him to do.
He put his arms around my waist and kissed me. I was standing there with my eyes wide open and rigid, but then I relaxed my muscles, closed my eyes, and kissed him back. It was like the kind of kissing you would do if your husband, fiance', or boyfriend was going off to war or something. And by that, I mean that there was tounge. Then we pulled apart and he walked away. I was left there stunned.
Later on that night, we were still at NCIS and I said I was going to MTAC, but I wanted Ziva and Vicki to go. I also asked my dad if he could call and tell my mom to meet us in there. I grabbed the DVD and walked up the stairs.
My mom was already there and I asked the agent in there to put the DVD in and he did. We were sitting in the chairs when on the screen, there was Tony with a guitar and someone in the background behind a drum set. On the video Tony said that he was playing this song for me. It was "With or Without You" by U2. He started to sing it and I started to cry silently. Here are the lyrics:
See the stone set in your eyes
See the thorn twist in your side
I wait for you
Sleight of hand and twist of fate
On a bed of nails she makes me wait
And I wait...without you

With or without you
With or without you

Through the storm we reach the shore
You give it all but I want more
And I'm waiting for you

With or without you
With or without you
I can't live
With or without you

And you give yourself away
And you give yourself away
And you give
And you give
And you give yourself away

My hands are tied
My body bruised, she's got me with
Nothing left to win
And nothing else to lose
And you give yourself away
And you give yourself away
And you give
And you give
And you give yourself away

With or without you
With or without you
I can't live
With or without you
When it was over, my dad, McGee, Ducky, Palmer, and Abby ended up coming in during the middle of the song. I sat there crying because at the end, after he was done singing, Tony said that he loved me and missed me.
"Taylor, I'm so sorry." said Abby.
"It doesn't matter know though does it? He's gone and no one can change that."